Various Artists - Murder Punk Vol 2

This review will be short and sweet if you were watching the blog last weekend, and if you weren’t, scroll down and see my review of Vol 1, because it will save me some time. Vol 2 has a lot of the same bands but different releases by them, and some new bands that you haven’t heard yet, which means it's just as awesome. 

I don't have the presence of mind to write a thorough review, but, suffice it to say, if you can get your hands on this compilation, and you love late 70's punk, and you got no problems with Australians, you should fucking love this shit. I will say it's a compilation made the way I like it. There are 7 bands, and 25 songs. I should add that every song is really great, super Aussie punk rock here. The tracks range from 1977 to 1980 and each band is represented with the tracks you and I would never have heard if we were around back then because we were still in high school and, these, their releases, would be something we'd buy because they were our heroes and nobody else in the world knew about them and it was hard to get crank in Aussie land and because it was 1978 or around there somewhere and we needed to get loose!


Ripped to MP3
1 News - Dirty Lies
2 News- Chop, Chop, Chop
3 Razar - Stamp Out Disco
4 Razar - Task Force
5 The Scientists - Last Night
6 The Scientists - Bet Ya Lyin'
7 The Scientists - It's For Real
8 The Scientists - Pissed On Another Planet
9 Fun Things- When The Birdmen Fly
10 Fun Things - Lipstick
11 Fun Things - (I Ain't Got) Time Enough For Love
12 Fun Things - Savage
13 The Leftovers - Cigarettes & Alcohol
14 The Leftovers - I Only Panic When There Is Nothing To Do
15 The Leftovers - No Complaints
16 The Victims - I Understand
17 The Victims - Open Your Eyes
18 The Victims - High School Girls
19 The Victims - TV Freak
20 The Victims - Disco Junkies
21 The Thought Criminals - More Suicides Please
22 The Thought Criminals - The Cut-Out Man
23 The Thought Criminals - Display Response Action
24 The Thought Criminals - So All The Superheroes
25 The Thought Criminals- Stolen Air


Comments

  1. These are such crucial collections. I'd question the taste of anyone who isn't into this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always question other peoples taste in music, find common ground, fuck

      Delete

Post a Comment